Today I have focused in Pairing devices.When you tap in a device of the scanned devices list you’ll navigate to a new view and connect to the device. Once connected, you can disconnect from it and go back to the scanned devices list or pair your pebble.

For now I haven’t implemented saving the device once pairing and I scan only for non-paired ones. That will be for the next coding day.  I also added an app icon, so it looks a bit better on my phone. I’ll do videos from now on and post them on my channel in youtube, so you can see the progress too 🙂 

This is today’s video: a demo of the pairing functionality:

As you may already know Pebble is closing down. This left us, Pebble enthusiasts, wondering what will happen with our watches (especially with the Pebble 2 that we got a month ago).

Since that crisis the comunity decided to get together and started organising themselves to replicate all Pebble services possible. The idea is that we can still use the watches when Pebble decides to shutdown their servers. That’s how the Rebble project was born.

There is currently a new AppStore in the making, Android and Windows phone apps (that were already there) and even a very early ‘hello world’ firmware. As an iOS developer (and user) I wanted to contribute too so I started coding an iOS App and library. If there’s an iOS update we don’t know if the oficial Pebble app will break, so the idea is that you can use this alternative app instead.

My general idea is that I will first code a library to handle all the Bluetooth LE protocol and I’ll build the app on top of it. It will be open source so anybody can build their own app. And as PebbleKit you could integrate my library in your projects so you can comunicate with pebble (think of companion apps).

So far I’ve read a BTLE book that the GadgetBridge (Android app) developer recomended me and started coding the BTLE library. For now it scans devices and triggers the pairing in all Pebble models including the original one. I’m going to use this blog as a developer diary so I can publish my progress and you can follow it.

I am doing this in my free time so I have no idea when this will be finished (or if it will be any time). So please be patient 🙂


Hacía muchos años que no participaba en ninguna jam. La verdad que llevaba tiempo pensándolo pero normalmente son de un fin de semana a tope y por desgracia no tengo tiempo para dedicarle 48h sólo a esto. Por casualidad encontré en que había una jam que duraba 2 semanas: la LowRezJam. La única regla para participar era que el juego tenía que ser a una resolución máxima de 64x64px. Me pareció divertido y aunque no tengo mucho tiempo libre que dedicarle pensé que algo sacaría en 2 semanas. Así que me apunté sin dudarlo.

Normalmente cuando he hecho juegos he tirado por hacer todo yo usando C/C++ y SDL. Esta vez no tenía tiempo de eso así que empecé a barajar la posibilidad de usar Unity dado que lo conozco un poco y tiene mucho ya hecho. El problema que le vi es que no se cómo de facil sería poner el juego a 64×64. Tras darle varias vueltas a otras alternativas que tampoco me convencían recordé que tenía la PICO-8. Al buscar su resolución vi que era nativamente 128×128 y alguien me dijo un comando para ponerla a 64×64. Era perfecto para la jam!

Continue reading